What kind of care do you take of your books?
1. Are you careful with the spines? Or do you crack your books open to make them lay flat? i crack them open...i know its bad but its so difficult to read when the book doesnt lay flat
2. Do you use bookmarks? Or do you dog-ear the corners? If you do use bookmarks, do you use those fashionable metal ones? Or paper? Again, im very bad and dog ear the corners....i loose bookmarks! so now i dont bother. The only time i use a bookmark is if i borrow a book from a friend and i know their anal about not folding the corners. Then ill use whatever is closest as a bookmark - a bill, a receipt, shopping list...whatever is handy
3. Do you write in your books? Ever? If you do, do you make small marks, or write in as much blank space as you can find? Pen or pencil? Highlighter? Your name on the front page?No, i dont write in my books. I used to when i was at school at tafe, never thought twice about writing all over a textbook or highlighting passages. But now i only write in a book if ive bought it as a gift. Then i tend to write a little message on the inside cover
4. Do you toss your books on the floor? Into bookbags? Or do you treat them tenderly, with respect? Im a tosser. Sometimes i have problems finding my book because ive gotten tired of reading and chucked under the bed or beside table or a lounge chair...
5. Do you ever lay your book face-down, to save your place?Yep very regularly
6. Um--water? Do you bathe with your books? Hold them with wet hands? Read out in the rain? Anything of that sort? Im not big on baths but if i do have one i do take a book with me. i keep a towel right on the edge of the tub so i can keep my hands dry...tho the pages do still tend to get a little damp lol
7. Are your books lined up on a bookshelf? Or crammed in any which way? Stacked on the floor?
Yep their on the bookshelf. I read alot but dont really own alot of books. I LOVE the library. But the few i do own are on a bookshelf
8. Do you make a distinction--as regards book care--between hardcovers and paperbacks? I like paperbacks
9. And, to recap? Naturally, you love all of your books, but how, exactly? Are your books loved in the battered way of a well-loved teddy bear, or like a cherished photo album or item of clothing that's used, appreciated, but carefully cared for?The only books i own are my absolute favourites and they are a little worn because ive read them so many times and ive leant them to friends. Their very well loved
10. Any additional comments? Maybe i should be a bit more careful with my books! I didnt realise how badly i treat them! lol