Friday, April 04, 2008

why do i have to live in the city??

Seriously, i want to live in the country. I want to have so many acres that it takes hours to drive from one end of my property to the other. I want horses and cattle and chickens. Actually no, pass on the chickens, i have a phobia of birds, but definately horses and cattle.

I blame my mum for this. Must be something in our genes. My great grandparents had a farm and my nan and mum lived there for awhile, back in the day.
I guess my bird phobia comes from my dads side of the family.....

Not that ive never even ridden a horse. Unless you count pony rides at playgroup christmas parties...or this....

no, that doesnt count.


I have a slight obsession with McLeods Daughters. For those of you in the US - Mcleods daughters is an aussie tv series about a group of girls running i guess what you would call a ranch. I have all 6 series on DVD and watch the show religiously. Must say, farm work is made all the more interesting by the, uh, "farmers" that work on the neighbouring property


yea, anyone want to borrow my dvds? hahahaha

Ive recently found this website http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Its the online blog of a real life city chick that met a cowboy and now runs a massive cattle ranch with him and their 4 kiddos. She is a fantastic photographer and cook also. Lots of inspiration on her blog (along with a few yummo cowboys...). Now off you go to look...or drool...take your pick.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to live in the country, too! Love the hunky guys photos, oh, and your other photos, too!!

HAHAHA~!

Nani said...

I love the photo on the, er, horse! :) That one doesn't count, but pony rides...that's still a live creature you're riding! I think that would count!

Lisa Joy said...

You are too funny. I need to be close to things.

fa11enan9e1 said...

Haha! Those guys are definitely cute. ;]

Veelana said...

mmmmmm...farmers...

Anonymous said...

I second Veelana's comment...mmmmmm farmers...if they look like those guys in the picture!

Anonymous said...

You sound so wistful. I need home comforts so I would be no good in the country or with real live things that then aren't live because you have to eat!

Unknown said...

just riding the DSO TRAIN!
tootoottttt....

I LOVE McLeods Daughters!
it comes on on WE sometimes *the womens entertainment network*.

Loving all those photos lani!!!

more more!

Anonymous said...

Love teh photos from your engagement party! Your brothers are hot too dammit!!! lol....however it's Mr Dribbles Blake that is just too friggin' cute...there ought to be a law against being that cute!

Have a great weekend darlin'!
Mwah!