Sunday, November 19, 2006

movies


my favourite movie of all time is Legends of the Fall. It has been my favourite movie for about the last 10 years i think.

For those that havent seen it, its basically the story of three brothers and follows their lives from boyhood into old age. It combines so many of my favourite things - a family saga, history, war, romance and of course Brad Pitt! History and war fascinate me (not that i approve of war, i just find it interesting, and i have alot of respect for those that give their lives so we can live the way we do) and i love to read or watch movies where there is a family or romantic story played out in those times. The movie runs for probably about 3 hours but it doesnt matter how many times i watch it, i can never watch it too often.

On the other hand the movie Evolution is one that makes me wish i could get back the two hours i wasted watching that garbage! It was the second time Jira and i went out and i had let him pick the movie. BIG mistake. All i remember is that it had David Duchovny in it. I think ive blocked out the story line (either that or i tuned out 5 mins into the movie) but trust me, the producers really should have been paying people to see it, it was that bad. I wanted to leave in the middle but of course, being our second date i was hardly going to get up and leave. Jira hated it as well i later found out, and we still laugh about how bad the first two movies we saw together were (the first was Tomb Raider -tho i think he secretly liked that one but just pretended not to!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lani, good choice!! I saw that movie when it came out with my sister and we both sobbed our hearts out in the cinema. It was my favorite movie for many years, and I still like it, so tragic. I have also watched it at least 6 times! It is definately one of Brad Pitt's best movies!

loonyhiker said...

I have never seen this but now I want to. Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

I had completely forgotten about that one. It is a wonderful show; one I need to get on dvd one day.

Glynis said...

I have only caught bits and pieces of this movie when it's on tv...now I'll have to make a point of seeing it all!

Beth said...

I've forgotten about both of those movies! Now, I need to re-watch the first one and avoid the second at all costs!!

*love2scrap* said...

oh GOOD pick!!