Monday, June 23, 2008

lucky i love u, cos.....

So Jira and i were at the shops on the weekend.

As we were walking past a little art store, i pointed out a few lil ole ladies taking a portrait drawing class. They were sitting right in the window so it was easy to see that their drawings were really quite impressive.

I said to Jira, that maybe he should do a class. His father is a proffessional aboriginal artist, and ive seen some half finished paintings that Jira did in high school, that i would love to see him finish. He looked at me like i had three heads however, and kept on walking.

Not willing to give the subject up that easily, i started telling Jira what a great drawer i was.

I got the three head look again.

rude.

"No really Jira! i used to be really good! "

silence.....

At this point, I chose to ignore the fact he obviously didnt care about my extraordinary artistic talents, and continued to yak his ear off.

" Yea, you know, once when i was 13, i drew a portrait of the band Hanson and it was like, really good! you could tell who they were and everything!"

He looks over with a half smile, and says "Hanson?"

And i say, "yea you know the three blonde brothers that sung mmm bop? Man i was so in love with them when i was like 13. I really thought i was going to marry Taylor. He was so cute. I had all their albums, you know. I even had their christmas album, and you know what? i still really like their christmas album."

His half smile became a big smile, as he put his arm around me and said

"Its lucky i love you"

I looked at him, and asked why?

And without missing a beat, he answered

"because you are so not cool."

11 comments:

Michelle said...

That is such a cute story!! BTW, if Mmm, Bop comes on the radio I will stop and listen. Its such a happy song!!

Anonymous said...

ha great story!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! At that point I would have been asking him who he was into as a teen.

movefearlessly said...

that's a really cute story! tho i prolly would've smaked him.

Unknown said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lani, I agree wirh him. Admitting you {heart} Hanson. Cool factor -50. LOL...

graet story girl!

Unknown said...

oh, I forgot...

Are you goign to take the class together?

Unknown said...

LOL I love the story, it so sweet. I like the song Mmm Bop also, very happy song :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you get your mojo back soon.

Barb said...

Very cute story, Lani!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story!

Anonymous said...

Love your story!! I would have thought he would take you up on the art classes - especially if he was good! I like that song, too and I am too old to like it! I say we are uncool together!

Oase said...

Great story. Hanson wasn't so bad LOL. Just driving thur on the DSO Blog Train.