Monday, December 19, 2011

Filter (The Von Strassenberg Saga, #1)Filter by Gwenn Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found the first half a bit slow. Well written, and i was happy to keep reading, but nothing overly exciting happened. This could just be because i have a small baby and only got to read for 5 minutes here and there - maybe if id been able to just sit down for a few hours i would have gotten into it more. The last 30% of the book had me hooked tho. I stayed up til midnight to finish it (and that says something as sleep is very precious to me right now!). I had no idea the book would end up the way it did and the twist at the end has me dying to read the second book.
In particular, i love the characters in this book. They all seemed so "real" to me. Its also refreshing to read a romance where it isnt obvious who the lead character will end up with by the end of the book (a little frustrating too, but in a good way!)

View all my reviews

No comments: